IP EXCHANGE Privacy and Cookies Policy
We are Intellectual Property Exchange Ltd registered in England and Wales (registration number 09597427). Our registered office is at Ergon House, Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2AL.
2. Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website such as names, email addresses, and debit/credit card information if relevant. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the IPE Marketplace, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or IPE Marketplace.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to data regarding searches and browsing patterns, traffic data, web server and device logs and location data.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may monitor and record calls you make to us for training and quality purposes.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may obtain other information about you through the use of a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can find out more about cookies and our use of them below.
We aggregate search and browsing patterns for non-personally identifiable data about the platform’s top IP categories and most popular IP postings.
We also aggregate information regarding transactions completed via the IPE Marketplace. This information may be used by us to provide and disseminate non-personally identifiable data analysis on transaction categories and valuations.
3. Web-Server Logs
When you visit the website, your visit is logged by our web server as is the case with most websites. This log information is statistically analysed by our staff to show trends in the use of the Website, such as the popularity of particular pages.
This log information does not identify you personally. It does not identify your email address. It may include the IP address and/or fully qualified domain name of the computer you use. You should be aware that this information might identify the company you work for (if you access the website from your place of work), or your Internet Service Provider.
We may log clicks on the links to other websites that are included in Website. This is to help us determine the popularity of such links. Since this link-logging is included in our web logs, it will record the identity of the computer making the request but does not identify you personally.
If you access the Website by way of a hardware firewall, a proxy server or any other kind of router (such as a dial-up modem connection at your ISP) then it is the address of the router that will appear in our logs and not the address of your computer.
4. How we use Your Information
We may use Your Information and other data collected in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To improve user experience within our Website and the IPE Marketplace.
- Website administration (including to enable us to respond to any comments on the Website or feedback you may give us) and to maintain the passwords/usernames of registered users.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, [where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
If you do not want us to use Your Information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please update your marketing preferences within your user profile settings.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
5. Information we share
Except as set out below, we do not share any information about particular users or IP postings with any third parties.
All users of the Website can view IP postings including low-level details (title, price, transaction type, keywords, categories, and brief description) but not user profiles.
Registered users of the IPE Marketplace can view full IP postings and user profiles including contact details provided by the relevant user for that purpose.
We may share Your Information with third parties:
- If you have consented to us sharing your details with carefully selected third parties whose products and services may interest you.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of IP EXCHANGE, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In order to enforce or apply the Website Terms [www.ipexchange.global/About/Terms], any Seller Licence, Buyer Licence, Broker Licence terms and/or other agreements. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Information security
IP EXCHANGE takes the following measures to secure users’ personal information:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We do not store payment information. When users submit the payment form, all payment information is immediately encrypted and sent directly to our payment service provider, Braintree Payments. Braintree verifies the provided payment information and notifies us whether the transaction could be successfully completed. In the event of an unsuccessful payment of a recurring monthly fee, IP EXCHANGE can retrieve a user’s billing address, but IP EXCHANGE does not store or process any debit or credit card information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your right to see and update your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of Your Information that IP Exchange holds and to have any errors in that information corrected. Currently we charge a fee of £10 to administer such requests. Please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. Please update Your Information via your user profile settings. You may also ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate
You have the right to ask us not to use Your Information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please do so via Email Notifications your User Settings page.
We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem – for more information visit www.ico.gov.uk.
In order for this site to work properly, and in order to evaluate and improve the site we and other organisations may collect information by using small files and other tracking technologies on your computer (for simplicity we refer to all such technologies as "cookies"). Over 90% of all websites do this. By continuing to use this Website, you agree to us and third party organisations using cookies as described below.
What are cookies?Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit a website. The cookies mean that the website will remember you and how you’ve used the site every time you come back.
Most browsers will enable you to manage your cookies preferences e.g. have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or use it to disable cookies altogether. If you do decide to disable or delete them altogether some sites won’t work as well as they rely on cookies to provide you with the service you have requested.