I am a Tech Transfer Officer in a university wanting to create impact from my academics' technologies, research and expertise. We offer you:
- A single global IP marketplace to replace, or complement, existing fragmented tech transfer processes
- An online automated transaction process to save on time and cost
- Ways to showcase inventions, innovations and IP to a broad market in line with increasing pressure to achieve value and monetization of publicly funded research and development
- Opportunity to build the profile of academic departments and their key staff
- A way to attract the best external partners for research collaboration projects
I am the Director of a small company specializing in engineering technologies, software solutions, business-tool designs or creative products such as computer games. We offer you a platform to:
- Strengthen your business model and to speed business growth through IP trade, licensing or franchising
- Benefit from an online automated IP transaction process to save on time and cost
- Showcase your innovations and IP trade to build financial credibility with investors or lenders
- Identify academic or corporate partners for collaboration
I am a photographer, inventor or designer wanting to fund my activities or have entrepreneurial aspirations. We offer you:
- An effective and low-cost route to global market presence
- Ways to become an entrepreneur and kick-start your business through IP trade, licensing or franchising
- 'One-step' automated licensing feature dramatically increases transaction efficiency
I work with IP licensing of medical technologies; I am looking to acquire the best engineering solutions for my company; or I simply want to put my company's classic brands and unused IP to the market for as yet unexplored revenue. We offer you:
- The go-to marketplace for selling or out-licensing innovations and IP
- A single global site for identifying suitable acquisition or in-licensing opportunities
- Efficient and effective screening and alerting functions to reduce time and effort of IP search
- An online automated and standardised transaction process to save on time and cost
- Completely free service for buyers and in-licensors
We democratize access to knowledge, ideas and creativity globally, by building the world's most user-friendly marketplace for IP
This is how we do it:
HIGH SPEED AND LOW COST TRADING THROUGH:
- Automated IP search and match-making of IP sellers and buyers or those wanting to license
- Online execution of IP assignments and licences, complying with international IP rules and regulation
- A standardised and transparent framework for buying, selling and licensing IP to save legal fees of IP traders, reduce time spent in negotiations, and cut down on bureaucracy and paperwork
- Simple way to generate revenue from IP
We provide the go-to global market place for IP trade and licensing
This is how we do it
A BROAD RANGE OF IP:
Patents ● Copyrights ● Trademarks ● Trade Secrets ● Designs ● Technology ● Scientific projects ● Know-how
BETTER MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION CAPABILITIES SERVING MANY MARKETS
- Combining high-value complex innovations and fast-moving lower value IP on the same platform.
- Thousands of units of IP listed and hundreds of users – global corporations, world class universities & public research organizations, growth businesses, technology agencies and individual innovators already on board.
- Support from IP brokers and agents available.
Professor Birgitte Andersen - IP expert with global experience
Head Trader, Professor Birgitte Andersen (PhD Economics) spun out INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXCHANGE Ltd. from Big Innovation Centre which she co-founded. She is Board Member and led the August 2015 joint venture between INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXCHANGE and Sparkup Inc. of Montreal Medical International Inc (MMI). She has directed Big Innovation Centre as CEO and CoCreator since April 2011 as a London-based open innovation and investment hub. She brings expertise in IP markets and entrepreneurial flair to the challenge of building a sound innovation ecosystem through digital platforms and corporate ventures in the areas of markets for intellectual property (IP), entrepreneurial finance, big data, open innovation corporate labs, and innovative business models. In her early career Birgitte directed several pan-EU framework programmes on innovation including one of the largest-ever pan-EU projects on the economics and management of IPRs. She quickly became an advisor on innovation and IPR matters for economists and policy makers of national and international governments, such as the UK Department of Trade and Industry; the UK Intellectual Property Office; Brazilian Patent Office; Danish Ministry for Science, Technology and Development; United Nations (ILO and UNCTAD); Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD); World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), and Industry Canada; as well as leading interest organisations (e.g. in relation to the EU Software Hearing); and large firms. Her work is discussed in the media, published in business magazines and peer-reviewed journals, as well as highlighted in national and international government reports. She has been used by the UK crown courts on several occasions as an expert witness on cases involving IP markets on the Internet (where she is called in to defend users of IP). During the dot.com boom she set up and ran for 10 years (2000 to 2010) probably London's biggest interdisciplinary postgraduate programmes (launched across Management, Economics and Computer Science) on E-Commerce and Business Innovation at Birkbeck College, University of London, where she still teaches a post graduate course on Intellectual Capital and holds the title of Professor of the Economics and Management of Innovation.
Bruce McNiven - Recognized lawyer with strong commitment to community, cultural, educational and health and social services
Bruce McNiven is a Board Member of INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXCHANGE Ltd. He led the joint venture for Montreal Medical International Inc (MMI). in the transfer of assets from Sparkup Inc. into INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXCHANGE. Bruce is Executive Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs of (MMI), and prior to joining the management team in 2014, was the founding external legal counsel for MMI since its establishment in 2004. A lawyer called to the Bar of Quebec, Canada in 1981, he practised business and corporate law at a major Montreal-based Canadian law firm for over thirty years, principally in private equity, embracing a wide range of commercial agreements, mergers and acquisitions, technology transfer and licensing agreements, wealth advisory and business succession planning and not-for-profit and publically-regulated organizations focused on health care. Beyond his legal career, Mr. McNiven has been deeply involved as a volunteer and as a board member of a number of community, cultural, educational and health and social service organizations. In 2014 he was appointed as a Member of the Order of Canada, one of the country's highest civilian honours, in recognition of his broad and sustained commitment to the preservation and flourishing of Montreal's culture and heritage.
IP Trader & Outreach
Dr Quinton Fivelman brings a wealth of experience in his role as 'IP Trader and Outreach', growing the market activities on the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXCHANGE. Quinton is an innovation, IP and commercialisation strategy expert. He has a range of business development consultancy experience in start-up life science, biotech, IT and cleantech ventures. He has worked across government, business and research communities in several IP management and commercial due diligence roles. Quinton brings a wealth of expertise in technology market assessment and is responsible for guiding and managing innovation and IP strategies. Quinton founded consultancy group Q5, which provides a complete innovation value chain from evaluating new market opportunities and early R&D through to commercialisation and international technology transfer. Q5 International opens doors to innovation and technology cooperation between China and Europe. Q5 Enterprises assists businesses, schools and universities through innovation entrepreneurship training and mentoring. Dr Fivelman also has roles as the IP director at dreamitget.it and IP Operations Officer at Metamaterial Technologies Inc. and medtech company MediWiSe (Medical Wireless Sensing). Quinton previously worked as a consultant at IP Pragmatics, a company specialised in IP commercialisation and independent market assessments and due diligence, including assisting with spin out formation and licensing deals. He also previously worked as a BD manager at Brunel University, and managed knowledge transfer at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) where he was responsible for proof of concept funding for a range of public health technologies and launching new initiatives by assisting projects to move from the laboratory to the market. He has a PhD in malaria genetics and drug combinations from LSHTM and an Honours degree in Pharmacology, Chemistry and Microbiology from the University of Cape Town, S. Africa.